Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Wind Nips Your Nose; The Cold Takes Your Toes




One of us has dark chocolate in her drink. Two of us know all the words to a Dr. Dre track, except its 90's night and this was on The Chronic: 2001. Duh. One of us wants to write creatively. Childrens fantasy, but there's no money in it, so maybe some autobiographical stuff that would disabuse one of us of our friends. Another one of us keeps cutting in, all v-neck t-shirts and rose-y cheeked. or is it nosed? One of us needs a haircut.

Later, on facebook, there's a picture of my butt. I tagged it, of course. You can go check.

- - - - -


Its amazing how I am the person I am in places always in those places. Or, more simply, where I am matters for who I am. I like who-I-am in Boston a lot. At least so far.

I'll be glad to get back.

I don't think I'm going to make any new years resolutions until I get back to Boston. It wouldn't be the same me making them from Chicago. Or New York, especially. (did I mentioned I'll be in New York for a bit? weird, eh?)

In fact, I'm going to make "Goals for 2009" instead of "New Years Resolutions," because New Years resolutions are getting the cart in front of the horse as far as habituation goes. Set the goals. Pursue them. See what habits develop.

Virtues make your Method. Telos makes your Virtues.

I'll let you know.

- - - - -

No comments: