Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Moleskine Sketches




"White people love to walk around writing about how creative they are in their Moleskines"

- - - - -

The world is a terrorizing place. Banality borne so near to beauty. Pain come to pass with boredom.

- - - - -


So tremendously constructed, these young women. And yet so little of it mined and shaped and employed from themselves. Like the Statue of Liberty, made of foreign labor, made of foreign mettle and welcoming foreign efforts. From the alien, to the alien, by way of alienation. The face as plastic image. As mask, clear and occlusive.

- - - - -

Happiness is like sand that slips through our hands and its contours we only remember by looking to the bit of what's left. Really, we need magnifying glasses to stare at the grains left still stuck to the sweat of our palms.

1 comment:

Crypt Keeper said...

... I wish this blog gave an email address at which to reach you.. and if it does and I simply can't find it, then whoops, don't hold it against me I've been awake since 4:30am. Anyways, I find you hilarious and thoughtful. I just found your blog today and am excited to see that I have extensive perusing ahead of me while I am bored at work. Thanks for the entertainment, keep it up, and feel free to email me any time (atjudy@gmail.com).