Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why am I not writing? (a rhetorical question)

Blogging helps, cuz it gets me a little momentum. None the less, I really want to get cracking on...

a) Script writing and learning TV script formatting more thoroughly. I've got a couple of awesome ideas, but I need to the fundamentals down.

b) Writing articles and trying to shop them to magazines. This also includes posting to Praxisoscope. In fact, later today I'm gonna watch a movie and write an article.

c) Practicing more rigorous academic writing than I did at NPU. I could really get away with murder in terms of formatting and citations and all that. I didn't really have anyone riding me to be a stickler for that sort of thing. As long as we weren't blatantly stealing content, if I mixed citation formats or whatever, no one cared. So....I've got a big up hill battle ahead in getting Chicago or A.P.A. format under my belt.

I think I'm gonna record my Augustine class, as per someone's suggestion. Then I'll see if I can figure out how to post the audio up here as streaming content that you can download. or something.

Godspeed.

No comments: