Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Anti-Viral Memories

All I wanted was a cranberry and soda, maybe with lime if the bartender doesn't suck. Lindzey's trying the other end of the bar and Christian's got my two bucks. I shouldn't have even been loitering there anyways, but I didn't want to dance alone. The crowd wasn't THAT cool.

And leaning against the bar, we made eye contact.

and eye contact leads to dancing. and dancing to card playing, as the old, Baptist joke goes. Except, replace card playing with late-night pizza, till we're the only two left in the place.

* * * * *

The water is really, really hot and my head is swimming. The muscles in my legs are twitching and my lower back is flaming-red-hot. Usually sitting on the floor of a hot shower relaxes me some, but I can't catch my breath. And my throat's on fire. and I'm afraid I'm going to lose consciousness and drown and how long would my body take to decompose under running water and who would know to come look for me and....

It's 5:45am here. that means 2:45am in California. I know my mom won't care if I call her, but what if she says I need to go to the hospital? who could take me? who could I call? I can't fucking stand up. I'm barely SITTING up.

I'm freaking out here. Waking fever-dream.

* * * * *

Christian went home with a guy that asked if I was single a few weeks ago.

* * * * *

EJ is a Monday-Morning flu-fighting hero. She really DOES believe in hospitality.

No comments: