Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Regularly Scheduled Recollections

I'll interrupt our story for the moment.

I baked cookies. They are peanut butter and decadent. Or, as I told someone, they are peanut butter, with an emphasis on the butter. Mixing the batter by hand is way more work than it is worth, which may be exactly why it's the only way worth doing it. I'll share if you ask, though if you live far away, I doubt they'll ship well. They are too delicate an amalgamation of sugar, butter and a tid-bit of flour. Lo siento.

I ditched class for the first time here. I don't want to give my reasoning, because I ignored it anyways and went out to play pool and eat french fries. Now my tomorrow is a bit of a disaster. At least I get done sort of early; 4:15pm and I can disappear if I want to.

I've been given a great opportunity to work into a more systematic thought some of the scattered insights about Christianity and Christian Faith. I spent most of my day writing about why thinking of Christianity understood as a "world view" is bad for Christianity. Tomorrow, if I have it in me, I'll write about what it might be if not a "world view."

None of that is homework. Oy.

Thank you, God, for: Prayers in the shower, fall chill, unhealthy sandwiches, long-time-no-see phone calls with friends, Oreos (whole box or not), paisley ties, youthful arrogance, brunettes with big pretty eyes, Fyodor Dostoevsky (ignored or not), new jobs, The Mars Volta and sunlight.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Paisley ties!! The best kind of tie, ever, ever ever.

I love your fiction but I LOVE your non-fiction...Thank you Jesus for Jon and his writing, amen.

hyacinthgirl said...

hooray for long-time-no-see phone calls! I hope your training was much, much more interesting than you expected :-)