Friday, October 10, 2008

Attraction Misapprehension

That's the second time a stranger has thought I'm gay at 80's Dance Night.

(and no, its not at a gay bar)

The first time it was some crazy chick who patted me on the ass after I said I was straight...and then tonight she grabbed my ass again and then stared at me awkwardly. Later, she yelled something over the music about me not overdoing it w/ "some B.U. bitches." I have no idea what in the world that was about.

However, tonight it was a shy hipster boy who thought I was cute and wanted to know if I was single, which is SO flattering.

But yeah, that's twice now...I can only figure it's because a) I'm dancing pretty much continuously, b) I usually dress kind of nice and c) I'm not awkwardly invading the space of women I don't know.

Can't a straight dude just want to dance to Michael Jackson for a few hours on a thursday?

(I can practically hear you whispering "no" to yourselves. Don't be so close minded.)

No comments: