Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Complacency's Placeholding Platitudes


I was going to try to come up with a clever introduction to these photos and their links, but really, I just like cool clothes, for men or women. So, here are some rather classy, herringbone gray galoshes that would look just smashing with this asymmetrical wool jacket. Also, if anyone has that model’s number, facebook me, k?

I need to put together my Halloween costume this weekend, and that means shopping, which might mean I shop for … ahem… more than just my Halloween costume.

I need more closet space.

And a haircut.

This is getting a little random...

The Parents were in town this weekend. I wish I had been a more exciting host, but mostly we hung out w/ my friends and walked about. So, I did what I normally do. We did manage to go apple picking and, while I abandoned them to go to lectures on Gadamer, they took a tour of the North End. So, not a total bust.

As a result of apple picking, I have just oodles of apple-based baked goods in my apt presently and there are only going to be more. You should come over and have some so I don’t turn into a big, apple-smelling fatty.

I’ve got a nice queue of photos all ready to write about, just have to get a spare moment to do it. So, you’ve got that to look forward too. I’m sure you’re waiting with bated breath.

Yes, that's how you spell "bated" in that usage. Bill Bryson says so.

1 comment:

Mari said...

a) The "bated" discovery blew my mind.
b) You look so great in that picture. I am positive you are way too cool to be my friend. And yet you are. What grace!
c) I like when you write about aesthetics, you brilliant PhD-bound phenomenologist you.