Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Get Paid For This...But Not By You


Well, normally you’d have had at least two posts in this stretch of time. I’ve been up to other creative endeavors lately. For one thing, I rearranged my apartment and cleaned it pretty thoroughly. There’s something genetically latent in me that just loves walking into a clean apartment at the end of the day. I’ve been getting my recycle/green/hippy thing on and taking all these disposable plastic bags I’ve got saved, cutting them into rectangles and then ironing them together 5 or 6 sheets thick. Then I iron three of the sides together, flip the whole bag inside out and (*TA DA!*) it’s a tote-bag. Well, it’s a tote bag once I fashion and attach a strap from a larger, heavier-duty bag by ironing it into the seams. If that was all a little hard to follow, I’ll post pictures of ‘em soon enuff. They come out quite nice, actually.

I’ve done a bit of baking, though I’m a tad behind in that department. I made what I affectionately call “grown up” bread last week. It’s made from whole wheat flour, a cup of Guinness and a cup of strong coffee. It tastes like grown-up things. I made some mediocre raisin-bran muffins and pawned them off on my friends heading down to N. Carolina for the week. They loved them and I only ate 3 or 4 of them myself. Then, on Sunday night, I finished off my giant bag-o-raisins and made some really delicious oatmeal-cinnamon-raisin bread. I think John dubbed it “breakfast bread” and I’m incline to run with that moniker. I’m scared to bake anything else cuz I ate just about all that damn breakfast bread by myself and now feel like a fatty. However, I anticipate some more bran-muffins this weekend and maybe some chocolate chip cookies when my girls get back from the shore.

I have friends who go to the shore! How east-coast of me.

I met a girl coming up on two weeks ago now who was very interesting. Gonna be an Emerson senior next year. Literature major. From the south. Raised by a fundy pastor dad and now an atheist. Spent the better part of a drunken hour trying to convince me to smoke pot with her. Smart and fascinating, but we were pretty clearly about different stuff. Still, took her on a date last Thursday and had a damn good time. Stayed out late and talked and talked. I offered a second date a few days ago and she didn’t return my call. Probably for the best, since I was gonna let her know I wasn’t interested in romantic thing and that we were in different places and blah, blah, blah, lets just be friends.

Come to think of it…she lives in East Boston. Like, bumble-F East Boston. Yeah, even as friends, this never had a chance.

BTW, all the pictures in this post are ones I took myself. I’m finally getting that digital camera I got for Christmas some use. How embarrassing.

What I’m…

Reading: All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
Watching: Friends With Money (Film, 2007)
Wearing: American Eagle skinny-ish jeans, Thrift-store button down, H&M cotton sweater, Black on Black Chucks
Working On: A short story about hipsters and professors.

No comments: